Running a business in SSEZ with support of tax exemptions and preferences can only be possible upon prior obtain-ing of a permit to run a business activity in SSEZ from the Pomeranian Regional Development Agency administering the zone on behalf of the Minister of Economy. The application process of getting a permit is carried out through tenders or negotiations.
1. The company interested in setting up its operations in the SSEZ should submit an „Investor’s application” in the seat of the Zone Administrator, which is a prerequisite for initiating the tender/negotiation procedure. The „Investor’s application” form can be obtained from the SSEZ Administrator. The form should define basic information regarding the planned investment i.e. sector type, main products or services which will be manufactured or provided in the Zone, planned employment, amount of planned investment costs, area required for implementation of the undertaking, estimated demand for utilities – water, gas, electricity, sewage disposal, provisional location of the investment.
2. The next stage is the SSEZ Administrator announcement of the invitation to tender by publishing it in the national daily press.
3. After publishing of the invitation to tender/negotiation, the entrepreneurs interested in taking part in the tender purchase the „Terms of reference”. This document constitutes the basis for drawing up an offer.
4. In order to enter tender/negotiation, the entrepreneur should submit his offer in Polish, along with all the documents listed in „Terms of reference” including a business plan of the undertaking. A prerequisite for entering the tender/negotiations is payment of the bid bond whose amount is specified in the „Terms
5. Tender/negotiation takes place when at least one tenderer has put in a bid. On behalf of the SSEZ Administrator tender/negotiation is conducted by a committee of at least 4 persons. The committee considers the offers according to criteria defined by the order of the Minister of Economy of 15th November 2004 concerning tenders and negotiations as well as enterprise assess
ment criteria relating to activities planned within the SSEZ (Dz.U Nr 254, poz. 2546).
6. On behalf of the Minister of Economy the Zone Administrator issues the enterprise with a permit for running a business activity on conditions negotiated during the tender/negotiation process. The permit is issued for a limited period of time.
7. The last stage is the handover of the property to the investor
which follows after acquiring ownership rights by them.
Entered by: Bartosz Switala