Expressway will be completed by 2020. Investment is carried out by the General Directorate for National Roads and Highways, divisions in Gdańsk and Szczecin.
Road S6 is a part of international road E28 Berlin-Kaliningrad-Mińsk.
S6 will connect Goleniów (Western border of Poland with Germany) and Tri-City (Gdynia, Sopot, Gdańsk).
- Projected length of S6 is approx. 350 km.
- Fast thoroughfare of north Poland on east-west axis which connects biggest cities of Pomerania.
- Part of European corridor which connects West Europe with Kaliningrad and Baltic Countries (route E28, Via Hanseatica).
- Entirely dual carriageway with two lanes in every direction, with collision-free intersections.
- Investment is on the priority investment list according to the National Road Construction Program for the years 2014-2023.
There are 3 sections of express road no. S6 planned between Słupsk and Tri-city (Gdynia, Sopot, Gdańsk):
- Lębork (with Lębork’s bypass) – Tri-City bypass
- Tri-City bypass
Schedule of planned works:
- Preparing of the program concept – 03.2016
- Preparing of the building project – 03.2018
- Obtaining permission for the implementation of road investment – 08.2018
- Commencement of the construction works – 08.2018
- Completion of the construction works – 12.2020
There are 10 planned sections between Goleniów (German border) and Słupsk:
- S6 Goleniów – Nowogard – implementation till 03.2019
- S6 Nowogard – Płoty – implementation till 03.2019
- S6 Płoty - S6 junction"Kiełpino" - junction "Kołobrzeg Zachód” implementation till 03.2019
- S6 junction "Kołobrzeg Zachód" - junction"Ustronie Morskie” – implementation till 03.2019
- S6 junction "Ustronie Morskie" – bypass of Koszalin and Sianów – implementation till 03.2019
- S6, S11 bypass of Koszalin and Sianów – implementation till 06-09.2018
- S6 end of Sianów bypass – start of Sławno bypass – implementation till 2020
- S6 bypass of Sławno – implementation till 2020
- S6 end of Sławno bypass – Słupsk bypass - implementation till 2020
Source of information: General Directorate for National Roads and Highways from Gdańsk and Szczecin.